The Bead Bazooka® is the most powerful bead seater in the world, but do you know how to get the most out of yours?
Bead seating can be a frustrating part of the tire service process. Sometimes you will run into a stubborn tire that just refuses to seat. That is why we put together a short video explaining a few tips and tricks on how to get the most performance out of your Bead Bazooka®. Here is a brief overview of the most important points. (watch the full video here)
- Make sure the wheel assembly you are working on is off the ground so that the sidewall can expand. A KD stand or tire changer should work fine for this.
- Thoroughly lubricate the bead so that is can move more freely.
- Placing a tire wedge or plank of wood under the tire sidewall on the opposite side of where you are shooting can also help.
- Try not to shoot at too high or low of an angle. For best results, you want to aim for a 30 to 45 degree angle.
- Don’t rest the tip of the barrel on the rim of the wheel. You will get more bead lift if you keep the barrel a few inched away from the gap.
There they are, the keys to getting the best performance out of your Bead Bazooka®. If you have any questions or need additional assistance, feel free to call 800.452.5010 or contact us anytime. We have highly trained techs standing by.
Comments are closed