As any service technician will tell you, breaking the bead on a tire can be one of the most frustrating parts of the tire changing process. Gaither provides a wide range of both manual and powered bead breaking tools to make every tire change quick and easy.
- Apply Super Slick’em® between the tire and wheel before deflating the tire.
- Remove the valve core to release the air. The Super Slick’em® will penetrate quickly.
- Once all the air has evacuated the tire and the Super Slick’em® has disappeared into the bead area, apply the Boa mouth to the valve stem and apply pressure.
- Working with the tire upright will increase the probability of breaking both beads simultaneously.
- Recommended for Agricultural, small OTR, and most truck tires
- Extremely Fast – saves time over conventional hydraulic bead breakers
- Lighter weight than conventional bead breakers – only 17 lbs.
- Includes blow case for storage
- Requires a minimum of 85psi
- Connect airline to Pneumatic Bead Breaker.
- Adjust the collar to the desired width based on wheel thickness.
- Wedge the foot of the Bead Breaker between the tire bead and wheel flange.
- Make sure the direction switch is in the proper position and squeeze the trigger.
- Reverse the direction switch and squeeze the trigger to release from the wheel.
- Place the wedge of the Slide Hammer on the bead area of the tire near the flange of the wheel.
- Draw up the “slide” of the Slide Hammer and slam it down in order to break tire bead loose from wheel flange. It may be necessary to repeat this process in multiple positions around the tire/wheel assembly.